Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mallory and blocks

We have these blocks that Mallory loves to play with. Nothing unusual about that, but on the box that they came in, there are a few pictures of building options. And every time she gets the blocks out she insists on building her tower exactly the way the picture is. This can be trying because it's tall and wobbly enough without Max getting in the way. She ends up crying half of the time when she can't finish it all the way to the top. I hope that by taking this picture, I can show it to her whenever she has yet another tumble and hopefully that will lift her spirits.

Here is my latest nature pic (I hope Josh and Dad still like this stuff). I caught this caterpillar making his chrysalis on our porch and managed to get a couple of good shots. He is a Variegated Fritillary, and I think he'll turn into a butterfly. I hope to catch that moment as well. The second picture failed to capture the bright gold tips on one upper end of the chrysalis. It's very pretty.




Do any of you ever have one of those moments when something so ridiculous and humiliating happens to you that you don't know whether to laugh or cry? Yesterday I was carrying my lunch of sandwhich, chips, and milk up the stairs so I could eat in peace away from crazy Max when I tripped half way to the top. Afraid that I would dump the milk all over the carpet, I tried really hard to keep my hand carrying it as upright as possible. What happened instead was after the chips and sandwhich went flying out of my left hand, immediately afterwards my right elbow landed on the stair which aimed the cup of milk at my unsuspecting face. Getting a cold milk shower was actually quite refreshing, after the first moment of shock. For some reason, I was able to laugh about it, especially when I saw my dripping hair and nose in the mirror. Too bad no-one was there with a camera, huh? Or, maybe it's just as well.

3 comments:

Jeff and Risae Carlson said...

Okay, that story and visual made me laugh out loud before I had finished reading. And I just laughed louder and louder. I cannot believe how well you described that. I actually felt like I was there to witness such grace!
Happy Mother's Day Trinie!

rxmilner said...

The reason why we love the Miners is very clear, the simple things make us happy (really, how many people laugh at the milk moment?) We are down in Utah again, and we may end up not far from yous guys's home town(s).
We love you, keep it up.

Jeff and Risae Carlson said...

This has nothing to do with the blog. I just need to say I miss you tons today. I wish I could hitch a flight and come to your house. I love you!
Zae